1. What are furniture fittings?
The term ‘furniture fittings’ includes much more than just the range of handles for your furniture. The all-encompassing term refers to:
In other words, anything you need to add a unique finishing touch to your furniture. Furniture knobs for opening and closing doors, hinges which allow the doors to move … You’d be hard pressed to come up with something that doesn’t fall under the term ‘furniture fittings’.
2. How do I choose suitable furniture fittings?
New handles to freshen up your kitchen units or unique knobs to match your clothes cupboard to your interior styling?
Most people choose door fittings using the following criteria:
- The furniture fittings must match the style of the room perfectly.
- The material must be easy to use and lie comfortably in the hand.
- Your choice should also be informed by the usage of the furniture fittings.
Functionality is not to be underestimated. Are you looking for kitchen handles that will be used intensively, or furniture knobs for a sideboard that will only be opened occasionally?
We have a few tips for when you’re choosing new furniture fittings.
- Ease of use: Handles offer increased ease-of-use in small spaces such as bathrooms, and they are also the ideal solution for creating more space in kitchens. Why? If you opt for handles, you don’t need to add in a separate towel rail. Just let your towels dry over the handles. Perfect for minimalist and contemporary interiors!
- Production process: consider buying traditionally produced furniture fittings. This type of furniture fitting offers a timeless look, intrinsic quality, and a broad range from which to choose. Thanks to the production process in sand moulds and hand finishing, the furniture fittings from Dauby are all entirely unique. Another advantage? Just like good quality wine, these furniture fittings get better with age!
- Choice of materials: in our range of furniture fittings, we have all the various styles. Are you a fan of timeless classics or prefer the industrial look? At Dauby you’ll find all you need to achieve the perfect overall finish in your home. The materials play a vital role in this. Also, not every material is suitable for a damp environment. And that’s really important for furniture fittings used in your bathroom!
- Maintenance: it is vital to be able to maintain your furniture fittings if you want them to look their best. It is also important to regularly polish the handles on your furniture. Especially the furniture fittings in your bathroom or kitchen. But the lovely unit in your bedroom needs a touch of TLC too.
Curious about what we have to offer? The Dauby team will help you make a choice! See our collection of furniture fittings in our showroom in Wommelgem or find your closest distributor.
3. Furniture fittings for built-in cabinets
Built-in cabinets are often required in order to use space in small rooms most effectively. That’s why it is important to choose furniture fittings for built-in cabinets which are primarily functional and, if necessary, take up little space and, in second place, contribute towards creating a unified overall interior look.
And then comes the first question: will you go for a furniture knob that you grab to open your cabinet, or a furniture handle?
There are various options for furniture fittings. You don’t need to choose different fittings for each piece of furniture to create depth in your home. You choose one furniture fitting that you like and then add accents with window handles and door levers. This creates the ‘wow’ effect and makes a real impression with your guests!
4. The perfect furniture fittings for your dream kitchen
The kitchen is the heart of your home. It is a meeting point for your family, where you can catch-up, enjoy a home-cooked meal, or sip a delicious cup of coffee in the morning. It goes without saying, therefore, that you want this room to tick all your style boxes.
This includes the choice of the worktop, lighting, kitchen units, and so on.
But, to round it all off properly, you mustn’t forget beautiful furniture fittings for your dream kitchen too.
Which style do you prefer? Fancy retro or contemporary furniture fittings? Those who love modern design, should check out the Pure collection. In the Giara and Fama collections, you will find retro and antique furniture fittings.
5. Customised furniture fittings to create a fantastic overall look
Your bathroom, bedroom and living room probably also contain a range of furniture units that require fittings.
It’s important that you give these the necessary attention too. Choose fittings that suit your interior and continue the look throughout the rest of your home. Then you’ll have a clothes cupboard in your bedroom which matches the sink unit in your bathroom and the sideboard in your living room.
6. Natural materials and unique production processes.
The most beautiful furniture fittings, thanks to traditional materials
At Dauby, we emphasise natural materials such as bronze, cast iron, britannia, and so on. Did you know that these metal alloys have been used for centuries and are also entirely recyclable? And this is how Dauby sets the tone; cold materials such as brass and chrome make way for traditional materials that perfectly match the contemporary door fittings from Dauby.
And the charm of these materials is that they get better with age and use. If you take our door, window or furniture fittings in hand on a regular basis, the material will develop a living touch effect.
Want to find out more? Discover our range of materials!
7. Casting process in sand moulds for added cachet
Just like the unique materials that Dauby uses, the sand casting process is a centuries-old, traditional production method that ensures a completely unique finish. This technique dates from 3,000 years BC and is now being continued by Dauby.
No two wall, window or door fittings are the same. The sand moulds create tiny imperfections in the fittings that are then finished by hand. This authentic production process adds a personalised touch to your interior.
Need inspiration for your furniture fittings?
Want to talk about the various styles and how you can make the most of your furniture fittings? Our project page will offer the inspiration you need to take your interior to a higher plane. Have a look at one of our clients’ interiors; our fittings speak for themselves!
Discover our various projects
Questions about our door fittings or want to find a sales point where you can see them? Our team will be happy to help! Contact us via the contact form or find the nearest distributors in your area.